Submitted by: Barbi Claridge
1 pkg wide egg noodles
1 stalk celery
2 cans Campbells Cream of Celery Soup
T. milk if needed
dashes of celery salt
dashes of onion powder
dashes of garlic powder
– Cook the noodles as directed on package, strain in collander and
rinse well in hot water.
– Wash and cut the celery into 1/4″ slices.
Boil the celery in water, until tender when stabbed with a fork.
The wider they are, the longer they will take to get tender.
You will want to cook them until they are very close to the firmness
you want, because the baking part does not soften them much more.
– Mix everything together. If it seems dry add milk, a tablespoon at a time and mix.
– Do a taste test, and add more dashes of seasonings if needed.
– Bake, covered for 30 minutes.
This can also be made in the microwave, about 5 minutes or until center is hot.
Cover with grated white cheese and bake for 5 minutes more or until melted.
Top with French’s Fried onions and bake 5 minutes more or until crunchy.
Top with homemade breadcrumbs and bake 5 minutes more or until crunchy.