* 6 whole russet potatoes
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
* 1 teaspoon amchoor (dried mango powder)
* 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
* 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 1/2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds
1. Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and cool to room temperature.
2. Once the potatoes have cooled, peel and cut into bite-sized cubes. Place into a mixing bowl, and sprinkle with ground cumin, coriander, amchoor, red pepper flakes, and salt. Toss gently to evenly coat the potatoes with the spices.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the whole cumin seeds, and cook until they begin to pop, about 30 seconds. Add the potatoes; cook, stirring occasionally until the potatoes have heated through.
Nutritional Information open nutritional information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 438 | Total Fat: 11.1g | Cholesterol: 0mg