* 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked spaghetti
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1 cup vegetable broth
* 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 3 tablespoons honey
* 3 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon sesame oil
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
* 2 tablespoons sake
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 cup broccoli florets
* 1 cup carrots, sliced
* 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
* 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
1. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the spaghetti, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the cornstarch into the vegetable broth until dissolved. Whisk in the peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, sesame oil, ground ginger, and red pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sake and keep warm.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the broccoli, carrots, red bell pepper, and sugar snap peas. Reduce heat, cover, and steam until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Toss the vegetables with the peanut sauce and pasta to serve.
Nutritional Information open nutritional information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 587 | Total Fat: 20.2g | Cholesterol: 0mg